TED (The Energy Detective Script)

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
vcruz777

TED (The Energy Detective Script)

Post by vcruz777 »

The script section of the forum was closed so I am posting this here. It is a simple script to get the information from the TED (http://www.theenergydetective.com/index.html) Footprints software and populates a device in Housebot. The Energy Detective is a device used to obtain, in real time, electricity consumption in your house. With the information the device calculates different things like the projected consumption for the month, $$, CO2, peaks, etc. It is really useful to find ways to save electricity and to see how each appliance impacts your energy bill. I am including the script, the device with its 36 properties and a sample theme. This is the first time I make an export so let me know if you have any problems.

Saludos,

Victor
Attachments
EnergyMeter.hbx
(16.51 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Energy Meter.png
Energy Meter.png (95.29 KiB) Viewed 6422 times
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Re: TED (The Energy Detective Script)

Post by Osler »

Donde esta el script. Veo el cuadro, solamente.

Osler

Edit: I see the .hbx now. Lo siento.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Victor,

Looks great and thanks for sharing this. The scripts forum is closed because I would like scripts to be uploaded/shared on the main site on the 'downloads' page. There's a link on that page so you can upload scripts. I can upload the export in your name if you would like, or you can do it yourself.

Since you have copied this Panel out of a more complete them, the panel type needs to be 'Primary' and the 'Back' button should be an 'Exit Remote' button. Again, I can make these minor changes and upload to the scripts section if you would like.
Scott
vcruz777

Post by vcruz777 »

Sure Scott, thanks for the help. Next one I will post it in the right place.

BTW Osler, great spanish.

Saludos,

Victor
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

I'm getting interested in TED, but would aim to add a Spyder so that individual circuits can be monitored as well as the mains. Looking briefly at your VBscript, it appears that even I could modify it to add the necessary code to collect the per "channel" Spyder data. But I've looked at the TED API PDfs I could find and have found nothing to indicate how to query the service/server for the Spyder channels. Have you done that since last posting your hbx? Or have you seen where Spyder-related API info can be found? (I saw where one guy posted a similar question on the TED forum but got no replies.)

Update: Emailed TED and they sent the API PDF that apparently (havent looked at it in detail) includes Spyder XML data formats.
Steve