Error Message

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
wfrank6

Error Message

Post by wfrank6 »

I have my PC "power-on" from hibernation mode mutiple times during the night, execute a task and go back to hibernate mode. I get an error message each time. Could you explain what's happening with the time and suggest how I can correct it?

Thanks!
Attachments
Housebot.JPG
Housebot.JPG (106.54 KiB) Viewed 768 times
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Error Message

Post by ScottBot »

The System Time Device is continually running in the background and updating its time and date properties every second. This is essential to allow Tasks to execute at specific times, since they are triggering off the time Properties of the System Time Device.

When your system hibernates, the System Time Device stops functioning. When it wakes up, the System Time Device notices that there has been a long gap in time since it was last running and displays the error message to inform you of this fact. The implication is that there may have been Tasks that did not execute.

It is advisable to not allow the system running the automation server to hibernate so that it can not only execute Tasks at the appropriate time, but also be active allowing it to perform any of the other services of the automation server.
Scott
wfrank6

Re: Error Message

Post by wfrank6 »

Understood. Thanks for your prompt response.