Frequent crashes

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
jonkjon

Frequent crashes

Post by jonkjon »

I am getting quite a few crashes for some time now. It appears that the exceptions are occurring during some sunset tasks (basically just turning on a few insteon lights) that i have had for some time. I have perused the log files and i don't see any commonality. I will send the log files.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Frequent crashes

Post by ScottBot »

I received the traces you sent. Can you also look to see if there are any dump files in the \HouseBot\Dump directory, and send me the latest one(s)?

In looking at the traces you sent, they seem filled with the same error messages, but referencing a variety of different Insteon addresses/devices. Although the error message is being reported by the HouseBot plugin, the error message actually comes from the SDM. Unfortunately, the error only includes the Insteon address and not any indication of what may have caused the problem. Depending on the version of SDM you are running, you might want to consider trying a newer (or sometimes older) version of the SDM to see if it makes a difference.

I'm not convinced that the crashes you are seeing are related to the Insteon error messages. I can see in the traces where the crashes happen, and it's not right at the same time as the Insteon error, so it may be something else. Maybe the dump files will reveal more.
Scott