A question about 'Property Management'

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

A question about 'Property Management'

Post by Steve Horn »

Ok, I've added a new device definition for an HD DVR, and assigned a few properties: Power State, and Send IR Command, selecting those two from the list of existing properties. Each comes with a list of property values; on/off for power state and a bunch for Send IR command. I want to add to the list of valid values for IR commands to include those for the HD DVR: Play, Stop, FFWD, etc. The Property management window allows me to do that. It will add whatever I add to whatever other devices that carry the Send IR Command property. Two observations: 1) The window that allows me to add lists the existing values but does not allow me to scroll through them to see if the value already exists. 2) The added values are not added to the list (or at least appear there) until HB is restarted. The Property Manager topic in the Help should state that. I suspect that the list does not scroll because the property is a "standard' one; not user created. Just the same, it would be helpful if the list box allowed the user to scroll the list.
fwiw,
Steve