Link to Cebotics Home from Forum

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Link to Cebotics Home from Forum

Post by Steve Horn »

This is kinda silly, but there does not appear to be a link anywhere in the forum (heading, etc.) that allows the forum visitor to jump to Cebotics.com. The "CeBotics - Home Automation for the Automation Enthusiast" heading text would seem to be the logical place for a way to get there... but isn't. And the Housebot logo, just goes to the forum's index page.
(I found this out while looking for the new Tutorials topic. Expected to find it in the forum, but now I think it makes more sense for it to be where it is.)

fwiw,
Steve
spike5884

Re: Link to Cebotics Home from Forum

Post by spike5884 »

OMG! I was just looking for the same thing and was thinking where is that darn homepage!!!
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The HB logo in the corner now links back to the homepage.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Great; thanks!
Steve
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Doesn't anybody read my posts :wink:

Re: Where do I upload scripts.
by Richard Naninck on Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:57 pm

Scott:

I had to search for it myself meaning it is not very obvious how it is positioned now. I would expect a link in somekind of sticky in the forum or even a button in the forums blue top bar to get to the right place. All I ever do is go to the forum anyways. Clicking on the top left HB logo could bring you back to the main Cebotics page and go from there. Now I have to edit the hyperlink to get to the main page. Maybe I am missing something. I know many forums (like Meedio / MeediOS) work the same way. I always edit the link by stripping the forum part to get the the main page. But then again, if you know where to look for it, it is plain simple. I am just not used to going to the Cebotics main page that's all.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Maybe I need to modify the header to offer more options to jump to the main site. I was just in the process up upgrading the board to the newest release and figured I could take 2 seconds to add the link.
Scott