Insteon Issue with ToggleLinc

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
dorrsr

Insteon Issue with ToggleLinc

Post by dorrsr »

I'm bringing up my HA environment this weekend and have had some success and one thing I have not been able to resolve.

I'm using a 2412S PLM Insteon connector and a ToggleLinc V2 Relay (2466) to control a bathroom light. I also have a pair of Access Points installed (2443). I connected the access points and got them to see each other and put them on opposite powerline phases.

I linked the PLM to the ToggleLinc switch. I can turn on and off the light remotely and instantly which is pretty neat.

However I want to write a rule so if the light is left on for more than 1 hour from midnight to 6am it is turned off. The problem I have is housebot never sees the status change when the light switch is turned on or off manually until you change the getstatus property to yes. It then sees it is on and could start a timer.

Is the change from the ToggleLinc not being sent to the PLM? Do I have something configured wrong, or is that the way it is suppose to function? Or does the status change get ignored until Housebot does a query on its status?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: Insteon Issue with ToggleLinc

Post by ScottBot »

dorrsr wrote:...I linked the PLM to the ToggleLinc switch. I can turn on and off the light remotely and instantly which is pretty neat. ...
You linked the PLM to the switch, but did you add the reverse link (switch to PLM)?
Scott
dorrsr

Re: Insteon Issue with ToggleLinc

Post by dorrsr »

Making sure I linked the system both ways was the solution to the problem. Thanks!

Steve