can i use another type of server software

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
robot maker

can i use another type of server software

Post by robot maker »

instead of IIS to control housebot,like cl-http for lispworks or apache
my robot design will be on a WIFI network,and has robochat thant can talk to another robot or homebase,my housebot software will be on my homebase charging station
robot maker

Re: can i use another type of server software

Post by robot maker »

I see that APACHE has a module plug-in for IIS to load asapi dll,and got APACHE to work on my robot and server where i have HOUSEBOT as a localhost,still need to read how to use the IIS module with APACHE and then get APACHE to work on LISPWORKS AI software for my robot,witch they say it does work
QUESTION i have is how do i control HOUSEBOT hardware from remote terminal,do i use devices.xml or header.inc
need to know how to a command to turn off or on lights and devices
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Another option is that you could run the php mod on Apache. If you have the socket extensions enabled, you could connect to HouseBot using the External Com control and control/query the server by calling the socket function calls in PHP. I've never done it, but it should work.

If you go the ASP route, you can install the configuration import for the web samples. That will give you sample ASP code for it.
Scott
robot maker

Post by robot maker »

i dont know how to use php

ScottBot wrote:Another option is that you could run the php mod on Apache. If you have the socket extensions enabled, you could connect to HouseBot using the External Com control and control/query the server by calling the socket function calls in PHP. I've never done it, but it should work.

If you go the ASP route, you can install the configuration import for the web samples. That will give you sample ASP code for it.