Can this be better?

Share your scripts written for the Script Device in this forum.

Do you think Scripts should be in new upload/download area

Poll ended at Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:09 pm

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 12

ScottBot
Site Admin

Can this be better?

Post by ScottBot »

I was considering adding scripting uploads as more of an integral part of the main site. It could be displayed on the download page and provide a better user interface for showing author information and descriptions. Sort of like the old Meedio MAID system, but probably much simpler. The listing could probably also have a link to a forum specifically setup for discussing the script.

I think this can be beneficial to the users (easier to find and more information) and the author (really just a vanity play) to make it worth while. If anyone has an opinion or other ideas, let me know.
Scott
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Re: Can this be better?

Post by Richard Naninck »

Scripts is one and theme examples is another. We discussed it long ago and for some reason it never made it, but I really think there should be a theme section as well that could contain screenshots. Screenshots could be accompanied with graphics libraries if people want to share them. Screenshots always create good ideas.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I'd love to do the same with themes, but folks seem reluctant to share. I don't think there have been any uploaded skins (I realize there's no official place to upload them like scripts). Since the scripts forum was actually getting some uploads, I figured I'd start with that. Whatever I do I'll be sure that it's flexible enough to use for themes too.
Scott
Richard Naninck

I am willing to upload 50+ different panel shots if you want me to. I already put many examples in the scripts section to give an idea of what the script is all about. My graphics are a bit lame I know, but they evolved a bit through time. If a few post screen shots, other will follow.. I am sure;)
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

So maybe a way to show just screen shots with an option of an attached skin that contains the control graphics used. Or something like that.
Scott
Richard Naninck

That would be just fine.
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I would love to be able to see themes as well. I realize there are technical reasons why you can't necessarily share themes directly, but being able to see other themes to get ideas is very helpful.

-- Dave
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Ok. I'm just getting ideas now. Don't look for anything before the next release.
Scott
Richard Naninck

ScottBot wrote:Ok. I'm just getting ideas now. Don't look for anything before the next release.
It's better you work on the next release :wink:
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

I too am for a themes section, since I shamelessly purloin (i.e. steal) images from others' works. My graphics skills are minimal as I don't have the software to do fancy buttons, etc. So I beg borrow and, yes, steal when I see something I like. Plus, seeing others' themes and panels gives me layout ideas.
Steve
Richard Naninck

Steve Horn wrote:My graphics skills are minimal as I don't have the software to do fancy buttons, etc.
It doesn't matter what software you give to me; my graphics skills remain of the same poor quality unless the software becomes AI. 8)