Support for XM?

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
wysocki

Support for XM?

Post by wysocki »

I searched the forums but I don't see any reference at all to XM or Sirius radio. Is there any chance at all of this being implemented? I'm using MainLobby right now but looking for alternatives. There are a few standalone players out there but even though the docs say HB can manage software like a device, I'm still looking for a good example of how this can be done. Direct support of an XMPCR should be pretty straightforward with a plugin I would think.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

If XMPCR uses RS232 for control, you may be able to use the Generic Serial plugins to set it up. Otherwise it would probably require a specialized Device to be created using the Device (and maybe Hardware Interface) SDK(s).
Scott
wysocki

Post by wysocki »

The XMPCR is USB but that particular unit has been discontinued. However, there are a lot of high end XM receivers out there (like the Polk Audio XRt12) that are RS232 controlled. I would imagine any serious audiophile would have an XM unit in the stack and I also imagine that it would require a plugin developed with the SDK to work with it. Unfortunately, I can barely even spell SDK.