Error message/status line

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Error message/status line

Post by Steve Horn »

I'm getting an error message on the server status line at the bottom, and posted to the error log that "the device is not enabled - not posting the property change to the queue" (or something like) that even though the device is enabled and is working properly. I have (still) a few X10 devices that operate as well as X10 can and they deliver that message. Newly added devices (at least X10) also deliver that message. The devices are enabled, the Ocelot/Leopard is enabled. It only appears to be X10 related - the Insteon devices do not deliver that message. I recently disabled a CM11A and subsequently removed the device, but that hardware interface was not being used for X10 traffic. Could that be the cause?

On a related note, the message posted to the error log should (but does not) name the device - just a generic 'device not enabled.. ' message. For debugging, it would be helpful if the error log postings were more descriptive.
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Although the error window doesn't show the device name, the error should also be traced to the System log window which should list the same error along with the trace section (the device name). Also, the error log file will have the section name too. So if you can find the device it's complaining about, that should hopefully lead you to the issue. It will only trace that message if it thinks the device is truly not enabled.
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Found it - thanks! It was odd, in that the device it was complaining about was not even associated with the device I was controlling or the task controlling the new device. Deleting the offending device though made the messages go away.
Steve