Image X and Y coordinate properties

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

It would be very nice to have the ability to be able to position images (static or dynamic) on the fly using properties for the X and Y coordinates. Not sure how that would work in your design, but it would make things a lot easier in some cases where a simple image just needs to show up on a different spots on the panel depending on other settings.
Thales

Post by Thales »

If I understand your post.
I did this with a new panel, as a pop-up, this panel has the same size of the image, and after you can set the position on screen.
Ex: I have a botton to turn a light on and OFF, but whem you press this open I slider to dimming the lamp. ( I did this as I discribe)
Richard Naninck

I really don't see how this is related to my feature request, or I just don't understand what you are trying to say.

I just want to be able to change the x and/or y position of an image on the fly. So an image might first show at 10, 10 and after some action or whatever reshow at 20, 10 or whatever other value for x and y.

I don't quite understand how the swremote builds the panels, but I do get the feeling that there are some restrictions which in turn make other stuff like showing panels and refreshing them more agile. If all would stay like it is now I would still be very happy because just about everything can be worked around. Just nice to know if certain enhancements would be possible at all.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

How do you see this command (x,y coords) being sent to the SWRemote?

It can't be a Task "Control Remote" function because there is no way to identify a particular image (although I could allow users to give images/controls names).

I supposed you could configure the image to two different Numeric Properties (one for x and one for y). Is that what you were thinking?
Scott
Richard Naninck

Just like a dynamic image now has a path and filename that can be changed, it could also have properties for x and y and if they change, the image should be redrawn at the new position. This doesn't need to be very quick so nice flashy things could be done with it, but highlighting a selected day out of a months calender could save 30+ images when the selected day can be highlighted with the same image at different coordinates. See attached picture. I created 37 different images to be able to hightlight each possible day. Just one of these 37 images is displayed in the same dynamic image with the same x and y coordinates. If x and y could be changed, I could have had just one small image and a script to adjust the coords.
Attachments
naamloos.JPG
naamloos.JPG (28.39 KiB) Viewed 880 times