Calling Sonos users

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Re: Calling Sonos users

Post by Osler »

Good call, Victor. Let me look at the script this weekend. I can't remember why I started replacing certain characters in the file names. Perhaps it is not really all that necessary, especially if you can accomplish aggregation of the album art with a separate tool. Can you look in the album art folder for some albums with funky characters or unacceptable characters for filename creation and see how MP3TAG is handling those cases?

Osler
vcruz777

Post by vcruz777 »

From what I saw MP3TAG leaves in the filename the "&" , "-", "(", "!", "." . I saw that it removes the ":" and probably others but wasn't able to confirm all. For now I just changed the script to leave the ones I have confirmed.

Saludos,

Victor
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

When you say removes, do you mean it takes it out completely or substitutes white space for it (i.e, is ":" replaced with "" or " ")?

Osler
vcruz777

Post by vcruz777 »

It removes it, not replace it with a space.

Victor
vcruz777

Post by vcruz777 »

I don't know why but now after several hours my Services.exe process goes to over 35% cpu and stays there. I have to restart the server to solve it every time. Have you seen this behavior?

Victor
vcruz777

Post by vcruz777 »

Osler, have you seen something like the problem I mention above? I went back to the .wsc that came with script version 2.04a and the problem is gone. When I switch back to the version that came with script 2.05 or 2.1 I start to have the high CPU in the Services.exe process after several hours. Everything keeps working well but with a high CPU that requires the fans in the server to go high in RPMs.

Any idea?

Victor
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

I just saw this and didn't get notified by email. Let me check into this. Not sure if I see this or not since the computer that runs HB is in the wall and I don't hear it.

Osler
vcruz777

Post by vcruz777 »

Osler, I just updated the software on the Sonos Controllers and after this last update I have started to have problems with the script and its communication with them. Right now I am getting the status from each controller but it is not accepting the commands sent from the script. Have you had any problems after the latest controllers update?

Saludos,

Victor
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

I haven't updated the sonos software yet. Let me update and see what the issues are.

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Ok...I updated the sonos system and then had to fight with getting the scripts working on the new Atom 330 server; however, I appear to have full transport control via HouseBot even after the update. Can you give some more specifics as to what you are seeing. Is it rendering (volume, mute, etc.) or transport settings that are the problem?

Osler
vcruz777

Post by vcruz777 »

Basically I am not able to control them from HB. For example, if I try to browse the Music library it doesn't get updated in HB. The interesting thing is that the transport state gets updated in HB if I change it using the sonos controller. If I hit mute from HB it changes in HB and after 10 secs it goes back to the actual state of the player but If I hit the mute button directly in the player then it gets updated in HB. It is like I am having only one way communication from the players to HB but not the other way. If I use the sonos software in the same pc it works fine so I imagine there is nothing wrong with the upnp settings. I am using windows 2003 and the latest version of the Wsc and script.

Thanks for looking into this.

Victor
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Ok..let me play around with mine today and see what's going on.

Have you tried reboot or restarting hb since you upgraded the sonos software?

Are you sure a firewall didn't get turned on somehow? Perhaps during an update?

Osler
vcruz777

Post by vcruz777 »

I have restarted several times de server. Also I disabled the firewall as well. I will try to install HB in another computer and test it from there to see if the issue is with the server.

Saludos,

Victor
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

What about virus protection, like MS Security Essentials? Did you just install that?

Using the current wsc/script I can navigate the music library, select a song, and start it playing.

Can you isolate just one zone for testing....leave all the other scripts as stopped. If you can get that zone to be wired instead of wireless, that would be a plus.

Osler
vcruz777

Post by vcruz777 »

Actually the server doesn't have any virus protection. I ran the script only for the one wired and I am still seeing the issues. It is interesting that if I hit one of the browser selections like "browse by artist" it takes from 1 to 5 mins an then change the list to the artists. The same happen if I select the others like playlists, by album, etc. In all of them it takes from 1 to 5 mins and then it refreshes the list with the selection. Could it be a virus in the server or a corrupted file?

Saludos,

Victor

EDIT: Now it started to work, at least almost everything. Still it doesn't get the queue size correctly setting it to zero every time I jump one song. If I change the queuesize variable manually to any number it then sets the right size number. Another thing is that it's not getting the album cover art setting everytime the NowPlayingPath to the NonAlbum cover art path. Honestly I have no idea what could be causing this erratic behavior but it all started after the last Sonos Players update. Let see what happens.