Directory control

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Directory control

Post by Richard Naninck »

The Directory Control list view(?) only has one control property. I would like to see the Starting Directory become a property as well. That way it becomes possible to change the starting directory on the fly using theme favourite buttons. Whenever the starting directory changes, the list view should show this change and display the new directory.

EDIT:

For this to be backwards compatible with other HB versions, it would have to get the same logic as dynamic images. Default would be Static -> Fill in the Path directly into the Directory Property Window "Initial Directory" or choose to make it dynamic and add a property from some (NULL) Device to it.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

I also noticed that the directory view always starts at the Starting Directory upon panel entry. It would also be a nice feature to keep the last selected directory in memory.

I use the directory view to select a picture from some directory containing pictures. When the picture is viewed full screen I need to use a separate panel. When closing this full screen panel by pressing a previous panel button, the directory view falls back to the starting directory. I would have to step thourgh the subdirectories again to get where I left off.
Keeping this sticky would be a nice option.