Problem with Software Remote in V3.0

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
vcruz77

Problem with Software Remote in V3.0

Post by vcruz77 »

I just upgraded to 3.0 and am having problems with the Software Remote. I am using the version 3.0 and it looks that it communicates well with the server but the panel is not showing up. I just see the Software Remote minimized. No matter if I try to restore it it doesn't show the panels. I did a clean installation but got the same result. Again, the start up screen appears and shows that is communicating and uploading all the panels but at the end it just doesn't appear.

Any clues?

Victor
vcruz77

Post by vcruz77 »

Problem solved. Apparently by default the panels appeared out of the coordinates of the monitor. I only have one. I suspectd this and was lucky enough to use the move option and hit the up arrow key until it showed up in the monitor.

Victor
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Glad you figured it out. That's some fallout from a 'fix' in V3. If the last coordinates were negative, it would position the remote in the top corner of the screen. However, since it's possible to have negative coordinates if you are using multiple monitors, so I removed that logic.
Scott