Animated gif support

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
Boris

Animated gif support

Post by Boris »

I've seen some discussions about flash support for buttons etc and it seemed to be too complicated. But what about animated gif support as an alternative? Might be easier to integrate to be able to use animated buttons or weather icons etc
CouchPotatoe

Post by CouchPotatoe »

Hi Scott ,

Just catching up again here Is animated GIF support a difficult task ? I'm guessing so as they've been mentioned several times.

I've seen some Flash threads too , which is even more powerful, is there anything in the works here or elsewhere for nicely animating some buttons etc ideally with response/HB feedback/control. It's the missing bit in the UI pizazz - well aside from Nokia 770/800 support ;-)

K
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Yea, it's all cool stuff, and I'd like to see it too. It's just a matter of time. One issue is always finding ways of doing things are are still compatible with the WinCE SWRemotes.
Scott
CouchPotatoe

Post by CouchPotatoe »

I've just found that the ON|OFF images seem to require a double width graphic with the images side by side.

Would it be possible to support separate images (including none) for these ? It would be much easier !

Kevin
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

If you are referring to indicator images, then it's true. All indicators are in a single image file.

However, true image controls are each a separate image in the file. you can switch them using a dynamic image if it needs to change.
Scott