Web Browser: Customize On-The-Fly

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

I'll only ask once a week. ;-)
If you want to just post the latest code, I can probably work it out myself.

Thanks

Markd
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Ok...lets see if I can upload this here. It will simply provide an additional message box delineating the error from hbcontrolmod.

Use this executable and let me know what the error message returns as.

Osler
Attachments
MarkD.zip
(11.21 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

BTW, the mutex code posted a few pages back is the latest code if you want to have a look at it.

Osler
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Thanks man!

I'll give it a run tonight.

markd
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Unable to connect to Meedio HouseBot server. Port=5400, IP=, Error=No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

netstat on my server shows

TCP server:5400 server:0 LISTENING

My Action has this argument string-

/P 192.168.1.101 /O 5400 /S * /D Browser1 /C SIB

is my IP address getting lost somehow?

I do not see 5400 on my touchscreen machine wiht a netstat (even when the error messages are up)

I'll try and get into the code too, see if anything presents itself.

Thanks

Markd
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

markd wrote: My Action has this argument string-

/P 192.168.1.101 /O 5400 /S * /D Browser1 /C SIB

is my IP address getting lost somehow?
Yes, it is. The readme says /P in a couple of places. Maybe in the .hbx too? I'm not going to reload it to check, but that is what is currently in my Argument string of Browser1.

The code is looking for /I. Arguments work much better with /I. ;-)

thanks!

markd
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Cool!! I will make the changes and get a new version posted in the near future. Thanks for catching this!

Osler
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

I'm just glad it turned out to be an easy fix. I do wonder how the other users made it work though. . . . ???

I already have it showing google maps traffic on my "front door" panel- I cut a window just big enough to let the map portion show through. You can actually do all the regular navi right there- VERY cool!

Thanks

Markd
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Alright, the attached .zip contains the HBBrowser.exe which fixes the command line problems encountered by MarkD. Now the command line variables should conform to what is in the readme file, specifically:

/P [IP Address]
/O [Port Number]
/S [Password] (if there is no password, an asterix should be used in the command line)
/D [Device Name]
/C [Instance Type] (for a single instance browser use SIB, for multi-instance use MIB)

Simply replace the .exe file installed with the orignal download with this one.

Osler
Attachments
HBBrowser_CLFix.zip
(3.11 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Hi Osler-

The zip only contains a .frm file . . . no exe.

Markd
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

crap...I'll repost it tonite.

Osler
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

No worries. The other way would be to just update the doc files. . . right? It works fine as is.
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Osler wrote:Has anyone noted a hit in software remote performance when the browser is running? I am running a swremote via rdp (smart display) and remote responsiveness seems a bit hit-or-miss while the browser is running. Anyone else with a similar experience?

Osler
I think I am seeing this. . . will experiment more this weekend and try to pin it down.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

markd:

When this is happening go and check the server. Click on the swremote tab and see if that particular swremote is connecting/disconnecting roughly once every 2 seconds. This happens with my swremote regardless of whether the browser is running or not. I think this is a known issue that will hopefully be addressed by Scott in future updates.

Osler
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

I'm not sure what I'm seeing. I'll just list it off and see if anything makes sense.

Last week, I had two incidents where the panel was not getting updated. Re-starting the SWremote did not fix it. Restarting HB did. At that time, I was openning the browser only when requested, then closing it when the panel was closed.

Over the weekend, I was experimenting with leaving the browser open behind the panels, and automatically issuing a reload every 15 minutes. I swear I got to a state (multiple times) where I could not re-start the browser- it would open, start to load, then close. I thought that the Quit property was not acting right- that even though it said False, it was acting like it was True. But then when I went to show my wife the bug, it wouldn't do it!

I left it running like this Sunday night (15 minute refresh). Monday morning I had a "low on virtual memeory" message from windows, and after clicking through that, a notice that browser had crashed with errors, but it was still up. At this point, the browser is very slow when I try to interact with it, and does not seem to be responding to commands from HB. The SW remote is fine though. I let it run overnight again (without restarting anything) and it seems to be in this same state this morning.

I don't see the connect/disconnect thing happening. . . is that in the line where it gives state like sleeping?

Still working on it.. . .

Markd