Web Browser: Customize On-The-Fly

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Re: Web Browser: Customize On-The-Fly

Post by Osler »

Is this from within squeezecenter as well?

Can you give me an example of when this crops up? Is it when you move back to the main squeezecenter page from a page that was supposed to be a popup?

Osler
o_sobolev

Post by o_sobolev »

it is from squeezecenter. It happens, when I hit "close" button on the page, which was supposed to be a popup (settings page). I believe it is not squeezebox specific: it happens when you hit an " onClick='window.close();' " button.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Oh...that will be easy to fix. I will post an updated version this evening.

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Hmmm....not so easy to catch Window.Close() in .NET.

Osler
heff

Post by heff »

Hi,

I have followed the instructions in the PDF and when I try to open I get the following message "Error: unable to find property" to type 'Interger' is not valid, the details are below, When i click continue I get a while box( i assume the browser) pop up behind the remote.

I am using XP pro SP2 IE 6.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "**Error: Unable to find Property" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
at HouseBot_Browser_2008.Form1.GetHouseBotValues()
at HouseBot_Browser_2008.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Hmmm....that's not very nice of me. Let me take a look at the code and get an updated copy posted.

I think the problem is with the transparency setting. Please make sure it is a value between 0 and 1 and see if that doesn't "fix" the problem.

Osler
heff

Post by heff »

That seems to have fixed it on the server but when I try to run it on remote PC I get no error message but just the white screen.
Transparency is set to 0 and I am running XP sp2 IE 8 on the remote PC

Update.
Set the Tansparency to 1 and it seems fine now
Thanks for the plugin just what I need. With this and the Xap plugin I hope to setup a multi zone audio system.
Thales

Post by Thales »

Dear
I am having problem to instal HouseBot Browser.

I having this message
The application failed to initializa properly (0X0000135)

And to register .dll this message

LoadLibrary("C:\Program Files\HouseBot Browser 2008\HBControlMod.dll") failed - This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
PServais

Post by PServais »

Hi Osler,

thank you for this great software.
Still I have a few problems:
When I start the browser within SwRemote in opens the browser behind the SwRemote (which is fullscreen), I have the "Allways on top" property set to "True" but nothing changes. Only when I reload the page the program displays over the SwRemote and stays on top.
The machine running the SwRemote is a touchscreen and when I touch (click) the browser screen the windows taskbar shows, the taskbar hides when i touch (click) the SwRemote.
The browser is your new Housebot Browser 2008.
Could you please help me out?

Thank you for your time,

Patrick
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

What is the browser timer interval set to?

1. Make a transparent cut-out in the background of the panel that you want to display the browser in. Position the browser window so that it fits within this cut-out, obviating the issues with always on top.

2. Right-click the task bar and select properties -> auto-hide.

Osler
Fslobia

Post by Fslobia »

Dear All, I'm try to manage the playlist control and music control of a Russound sms server, it have the possibility to manage everythings from a web page, so I want open in housebot a web browser page to manage it whithin the softer remote that manage the other devices, wih this application can i solve the issue? and second question how I can install the file after the unzip.

thanks

Francesco
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Fslobia:

Installation and usage issues are covered quite well in the .pdf that is included in the download. The browser should be able to do what you want. If you have more specific questions, please ask. There must be a copy of the bowser executable on every PC that is using a software remote for it to work. Follow the instructions, get the basics set up, and I will help you debug any problems that arise.

Osler
Fslobia

Post by Fslobia »

Dear Osler, I have same problem tu run the script I have followed the instruction in the pdf file attached to the post HouseBot Browser 2008.zip and BrowserDevice.hbx are post related to 2006 I don't know if are the most update I have set the external device with no password and port 5000 as in the script (/I 127.0.0.1 /O 5000 /S * /D Browser1 /C SIB) and the task as per the pdf but not open the page Conversion from string "XX error: unable to find property" to type 'Integer' is not valid Continue Quit. with continue a square white box is show on the screen.

Could you please kindly confirm if I have downloaded the most update file? and where you think i have missed o do wrong in the configuration?

For me this is a very important issue I need to manage a an russound sms3 server trough his ip page example 192.168.1.6 locally e from a remote remote possibly within housebot or minimizing housebot auto,matically in order to manage songs and playlist

Thanks

Fslobia
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

The download in the first post is the most recent. Follow the pdf file instructions for installation.

1) Have you added all of the needed properties to HouseBot via the property manager? These properties should be exactly as they appear in the picture in the pdf and the list provided next to it. The unable to find property error may indicate that there is an error in how you have named one of the properties. Please check them carefully.

2) Have you created a null device or execute program device named Browser1 and populated it with the properties you should have created in step 1 above?

3) Did you populate the properties with values similar to what are depicted in the pdf file (True, False, etc.)? Your error sounds like one of the numerical properties hasn't been filled in (resolution, transparency, position) and HouseBot is passing an empty string to the browser which can not be converted to an integer. Also note that transparency should be a value between 0 and 1, where 0 = completely transparent.

4) Have you placed a copy of the .exe and .dll files on the machine that you want to run the browser on?

5) Have you registered the .dll files on the machine that you want to run the browser on?

6) Have you created a task to start the .exe file on the machine that you want to run the browser on?

7) Are you inputing the correct IP address for the browser to communicate with the server? 127.0.0.1 should only be used if the browser is going to run on the computer that also has the HouseBot server on it. Otherwise you need to use the IP address of the computer running the HouseBot server.

The white box you are seeing is the actual browser window, so it appears that you are quite close to getting this working. Please answer all of the above for me and I will try to help from there.

Osler
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

I'm just now getting around to installing this - late to the party again. I've read thru 10 pages of posts on this. I'm getting an error msg "Conversion from string "" to Integer not valid." If I 'continue', the white browser window opens, so it appears that the SWremote is communicating with the HB server and vice versa. I've looked at the browser1 device properties and values on the server, compared them to the pdf on pg 1 of the thread and all appear to have valid values. I've registered the appropriate dlls and installed and registered the ccrptimer (?) dll. I saw some mention on an earlier page of a 1 line txt file that contained the IP address, port etc. parms. Is that still required, and if so where to put? I have the 'control remote' task built and with the same argument values that are in the browser device (IP, port, etc.). Have verified that the port (5000 in my case) is listening. The error msg leads me to think that one of the parm values that I'm passing to the browser on the SWremote is invalid.
What am I overlooking?
Steve