Web Browser: Customize On-The-Fly

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Please see the first post for the latest download information and imortant information about the command line parameters to be used.

Osler
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

I have been having a problem yesterday and today where the browser is closing immediately when the page finishes loading. It does this for no rhyme or reason that i can tell (although i know there is one ;)) It does this on the vista ultimate hb server and the win 2k remote.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Walk me through how you are controlling the browser (tasks used, etc.).

Osler
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

Sorry for the delay, i had to step out for a bit. I have a button that runs a task that does the following:

Open Panel "Browser" on all remotes
Change browser1.url to "www.google.com"

When the "Browser" panel opens, there are two execute tasks:

Execute Program 'C:\Program Files\Housebot_Browser\Housebot_Browser.exe' on Calling Remote

and the second one closes the panel that called the "Browser" panel

Close Panel 'Menu' on Calling Remote

This all worked great for most of yesterday and then started acting up on me later in the day. I can't think of anything that i did differently to cause this.
I should also mention that i had problems getting this to install using the installer on my win2k tablet but, i followed your instructions in an earlier post on just bypassing the installer and registering the dll's. I don't think that matters though as i am having the same issue on the hbserver too.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

I need to look at this. Did you download the latest .exe file?

I am playing around with it on my machine and it is freezing up like crazy....this is the latest build. I am going to need to dig into this a bit deeper as there appears to be something seriously wrong. Sorry about this...not my intention to provide cruddy code...

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

In your task, set browserquit to False prior to calling the browser open....as a test.

o
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

o.k i set the browserquit property to false. Honestly, it started working again by itself before i made this change so i guess i will let it run overnight and tomorrow to see how it goes.
There is one other thing that i forgot to mention. I ocassionally get the classic "memory could not be read" error when i set the browserquit property. It is also sporadic and doesn't necessarily conicide with the other issue. Thanks again and i will let you know how it goes. I'll play with it a little later before bed and i will post again if it fails. Otherwise, i will see how it works when i get home from work tomorrow evening.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Are you having any network issues? The bugginess I was experiencing was related to my main router. A hard reset seemed to have solved my problems. The issue could be that the browser app is "supposed" to automatically reset browserquit to "False" prior to exiting. If there is a network problem and that doesn't take place, the browser will auto quit when started the next time because browserquit is set to "True". I should hard code to set browserquit to "False" on start-up as it is obvious that you don't want it to quit if you are launching it.

Not sure about the other error. Let me look into it. I am not currently using this and don't have longterm experience with it (lack of time, not interest).

If there are any other users out there with similar problems, please let me know about them so I can try to track them down.

Osler
jonkjon

Post by jonkjon »

So far it looks like the browserquit setting has done the trick........
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Ok...I'll code it to set that at program execution. Look for an updated .exe file in a bit. Work is busy right now so it will likely be next week before I get to it.

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

See first post for link to source code of this project.

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Update Version

Post by Osler »

Updated version posted in first post. See dated edit for information.

Osler
PServais

Re: Web Browser: Customize On-The-Fly

Post by PServais »

Dear Osler,

Could you please send me a link to the installpackage?
The links are all out of date and I would love to use the browser in my setup.

Thank you in advance.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

The executable is located at the bottom of the first post. This is the most up to date version. Download the zip file and place the executable someplace like C:\Program Files\HouseBot Browser.

You also need to download the CCRP Timer. A link to this dll is found on the first page of this thread...just scroll down a bit and you will see it. Once you have the dll, go to Start Menu -> Run -> regsvr32 <path to dll> to register the dll. Also, ensure the HBControlMod.dll is on your machine and registered.

I will try to get an export of the device that goes along with it uploaded this evening. Post any questions you have.

Osler
PServais

Post by PServais »

Osler wrote:The executable is located at the bottom of the first post. This is the most up to date version. Download the zip file and place the executable someplace like C:\Program Files\HouseBot Browser.

You also need to download the CCRP Timer. A link to this dll is found on the first page of this thread...just scroll down a bit and you will see it. Once you have the dll, go to Start Menu -> Run -> regsvr32 <path to dll> to register the dll. Also, ensure the HBControlMod.dll is on your machine and registered.

I will try to get an export of the device that goes along with it uploaded this evening. Post any questions you have.

Osler
Thank you!! I will try it this evening. Keep up the great work!!