Sonos ZonePlayer COM Objects

Share your scripts written for the Script Device in this forum.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Sonos ZonePlayer COM Objects

Post by Osler »

Here you can download the final .wsc files for ZonePlayer integration. I am still working on the unifying script...just haven't had much time of late. The ZonePlayerController is well documented via the help file. The ZonePlayerFinder doesn't have a help file, but it has a sample script showing how to use it. The idea is to use ZonePlayerFinder initially to populate a device with zone names and zone uniquedevicenames(UDN). Then pull this data from the device using ZonePlayerController to connect to and control each ZonePlayer. Hopefully I will have the final script done soon. If there are any out there that want to play with these, be my guest.

http://home.tx.rr.com/crazyrantings/Win ... onents.zip

These components can also be used with jscript and in VB6 (dunno or care about .NET).

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

The component now integrates a callback feature so that it is updated when a state variable on the zoneplayer changes (i.e., there is no longer a need to poll the zoneplayer for its current state). The component still has to be "kept alive" in a continuously running script to receive notification (or drop it into a VB6 .exe); however, the only network traffic between the component and zoneplayer occurs when a state variable changes (i.e., when the zoneplayer begins to play, it notifies the component....when a new track begins to play, it notifies the component...etc.). There is more information relayed in the status update than I currently include in the component; however, it is working correctly for the basics (transport state, volume, equalizer settings). I will expose more of the status data in a later update to the component.

Osler

see the help file for additional details