Interested in greater IR, Insteon, and video

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
Hunraken

Interested in greater IR, Insteon, and video

Post by Hunraken »

I'm relatively new to Housebot and HA, but over the past few weeks I've been able to get things up and running without much difficulty including x10 outlets and light / appliance modules as well as eagle-eye motion detectors and ds10a door sensors via a w800. Loads of fun :D. I also use the CM11A as a controller and that works great too. I had signal trouble on my powerlines at one point but a coupler / repeater solved that problem relatively cheaply.

Anyway I reviewed numerous HA applications this year and Housebot is by far the best value for the money. Although it doesn't have the support of a Homeseer (yet :wink: ) the help screens and forum postings provide a wealth of information. The power of remotes is great and the flexibility is awesome. The open platform, VBScript integration, and SDKs are also very appealing.

In terms of feature requests I'd luv to see integration with the IR port of a PocketPC so I could run a software remote AND control my A/V equipment via that handheld. I'm also very interested in Insteon devices and would like to see greater integration with that technology down the road. Finally I have wireless network cameras as well and would like to see video integration at some point too. In any event you have a solid product and I hope to see it continue evolving.

Thanks