Losing Time

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Losing Time

Post by Osler »

I just created a task built on If/Or statements that checks the system time every hour from 8am to 10pm to set a script state to "running". Since creating this task, HB is losing time. I started the task at 11am today and currently it has lost over an hour compared to the true time displayed on the computer (HB displays 9:41pm, computer displays 11:04pm). Any ideas on a work-around?

Osler
dozinjp

Losing Time

Post by dozinjp »

Hello, I have never had this problem, However I have several task which executes scripts just in time.
Could you post an export of your task, it could certainly help has the resolution of your problem.

Thank you in advance
Ethan
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

So are you saying that the System Time Device is not showing the correct time? If so, double check to make sure it is still enabled. That device gets the time from the PC twice a second, so I'm not sure how it could get out of sync. It even has special measures for the odd case where it gets behind (heavy CPU load or time change).
Scott
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Yes, it gets behind the CPU clock. The time device is enabled. I will try to get more details this evening when I get home.

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Hmmm....seems to be keeping time ok since the restart of HB last night. I will keep an eye on it and see if this recurs.

Osler
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Mine is drifting too.

Reporting 11:25, real time is 11:41.

Is there anything useful I can check? I won't restart yet.

Markd
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Can you send me a screen-shot of the System Time Device showing all of it's properties and values and the system clock on the same screen? It's not that I don't believe you, but there may be something with the other properties that may give me a clue.

Also, send me a screen shot of the 'history' tab of the System Time.Time property.
Scott
markd
Advanced Member

Post by markd »

Funny, I almost took that shot. (The first one) Unfortunately, I have since restarted (a couple of times) and last time I checked, the systime was ok. I'll keep an eye on it, see if it gets out of sync again. I'm playing with the system daily right now, so if it is repeatable, I should catch it.

The system had not been running too long, day or two. And I had been doing a lot of editting and playing with scripts. But then I have the last couple of days too, and no problems sice, so who knows???

Thanks

Markd
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Scott:

I caught the problem on-screen. It is with the 'Time Without Seconds' value. See attached screen shots.

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Nearly 10 minutes behind for all properties here.

Osler
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Is there much load on this machine? Does it ever run anything that is very CPU intensive?

I found one minor issue that may somehow be effecting things, but I'm not convinced that it is causing the problem. However, please download, unzip, and copy this new System Time plugin into your \HouseBot\Plugins\Devices directory over the old one (you should probably backup the old one first). Let me know if you continue to see the problem with it.
Scott
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

The PC is Shuttle (AMD 64 3200+, 512 MB RAM) whose sole purpose is to run HouseBot and act as a media storage area (600 GB). The only thing ever up and running is HB.

I will do the install this evening when I get home.

None of my time-based tasks are executing at all right now.

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

A temporary fix for this problem can be downloaded from here:

http://home.comcast.net/~jpbrowning2/Ho ... _Clock.zip

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Newer .dll installed and waiting. I will keep you updated.

Osler
Osler
HouseBot Guru

Post by Osler »

Still stable. I will migrate my tasks back to the SystemTimeDevice tomorrow and see if the problem develops.

Osler