MCE Add-in

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
allanstevens

MCE Add-in

Post by allanstevens »

** Latest version on MCE Add-in Here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=855646&start=15#p452598 **

Does anyone know the GUID number for HBControlMod.dll. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

It's for a media center add-in i'm creating to allow you to control HouseBot from MCE. It's almost done, just need to disable the ActiveX prompts that are displayed which is the reason I need the GUID number. (I hope :? )

Would an MCE add-in be of use to anyone else? Deciding whether I should spend some extra time to create an install package for it and upload to the forum?

Best Regards,
Allan :D
Last edited by allanstevens on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

If it won't accept the name HBControlMod.HBControl, the GUID is 0A59C808-2BAD-4A5E-81A7-D6169073A89B
Scott
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

Wow that was quick. Thanks Scott. Works a charm. Can now control my lights, etc via windows media center. Just need a bit more tinkering and i'll be there.

:D :D
newstuart

Post by newstuart »

Hi and Sorry to jump on your thread, I have housebot running on my MCE bassed HTPC and am trying to work out the best way for a housebot remote (in this case a windows CE based webpad) to control the MCE functions (such as stop, forward, rewind etc etc).

Do you by any chance use housbot to control MCE and if so would you mind sharing how you managed it ?
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

Hi Newstuart,

Sorry but nope, I have not yet found a way of control MCE from housebot. Planning to look into this after i finished my add-in.

If you find out would love to know. Would be great be able to pause music playing in MCE when the phone rings. When I had HouseBot setup with Meedio it worked great.
dozinjp

MCE control

Post by dozinjp »

Hello, I use Girder from Promixis " http://www.promixis.com " for the control of the MCE 2005.
I have to configure hot key of the MCE 2005, and I call the commands(via the plugin girder of the housebot. I did not find command WM for MCE 2005.
Here is the link of the MCE hot key.
http://www.microsoft.com/enable/product ... Product=42

Best regards.

Ethan.
berez

MCE add-in

Post by berez »

Allan,
It would be great if you could upload an MCE add-in

Thanks
Erez
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

Finally got round to finishing the mce plugin. The plugin uses the HBControlMod.dll so you will need to register it on the Media Center PC.

After installation run the Configure program to set the housebot ip, port and password.

Any probs let me know, any feedback is welcome. Thanks.
Attachments
hbmce.zip
(165.35 KiB) Downloaded 501 times
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Works great :!: Thanks Alan.
Scott
PT

control of mce

Post by PT »

take a look at this link for possible control of mce
http://www.kindel.com/Default.aspx?tabid=25
Regards

PT

If it isn't broke,fix it till it is!
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

Hi PT

Wrote a script a few weeks back to control MCE within housebot using the same program (MCE Controller) - Just never got round to sharing it on the forum.

Have now :D thanks

http://www.cebotics.com/phpbb2/viewtopi ... 131#445131
tvdbon

Post by tvdbon »

Hi There,

I'm a new member to this forums and a newbie to housebot. Just wanted to find out if this addin still works with housebot 3.0 ? I tried it out last night and I can see that it connects to the housebot application, but it doesn't show any of the devices or any other info The housebot application also shows an "unknown ipc command error". Any suggestions ?

Regards,
Tom
berez

HBMCE

Post by berez »

Allan, thanks

I tried to install.
I get the following error (within MCE) - Automation server can't creat object.
Any idea?
Housebot is installed on my MCE PC.
Configured: ip- 127.0.0.1 and port- 5009.

Thanks
Erez
allanstevens

Post by allanstevens »

Have you registered the HBControlMod.dll on the media center pc? If not I think this may be the problem.

Copy the c:\program files\housebot\plugins\devices\externalcomcontrol\HBControlMod.dll file to the media center pc.

Then run regsvr32 HBControlMod.dll

Fingers crossed.

tvdbon - I have not tried it with Housebot 3, (don't use the plugin now as I prefer to use software remotes) I wonder if the GUID has changed i'll give it a test and report back.
berez

HB MCE

Post by berez »

Thanks

Followed your instruction, and it works great.