New member, looking

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
k9soa

New member, looking

Post by k9soa »

Is there some type of list of the available plugins available for this system.

I am looking at possible replacements for my current HA system.

Current Hardware:

Omni Pro, Ocelot, W800, Leviton X10 protocol switches & outlets, external web access, video capture and display, phone automation.
Don

http://www.k9soa.net
Home of JEANNIE
The House That Listens

Over 25,000 visitors since mid 2003
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

The information is on the housebot web site, but it's a bit hidden.

After going to the housebot home page, click on the 'Features' tab on the main menu. In the Device / Equipment Control section there is a 'Click here' link that expands out more info on specific hardware.
Scott
HB Guy

Post by HB Guy »

Your best bet is to download the trial version of HouseBot and have a look around.

HouseBot supports several of your requirements including Ocelot, W800, and Leviton X10 devices.

HouseBot can be controlled via a web-browser and it includes an example of how to do this (a few ASP pages to add to IIS). However, the example is rudimentary because HouseBot is intended to be controlled by one or more Software Remotes. A Software Remote is an application you design using HouseBot and then run on a (networked) remote computer (Pocket PC, Tablet PC, Desktop PC, etc).

Phone Automation? HouseBot includes a device that handles a voice modem that lets you access the Caller ID. Beyond that, you'd have to develop your own answering machine or Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system. HouseBot offers a C++ SDK as well as support for VB Scripting.

Video Capture? You'd need a video-capture card for starters and ... well, I'm stumped on that one!
dlmorgan999
HouseBot Special Member

Post by dlmorgan999 »

I've written a plugin that provides 2-way communication to the OmniPro (via either RS-232 or ethernet - although I don't think the OmniPro has an ethernet port).

-- Dave
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

@ dlmorgan999

I would be interested in the ethernet layer. Could you send some code examples on how you connect to ethernet using housebot.

Thanks,

Richard