ELK M1

Share your scripts written for the Script Device in this forum.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

ELK M1

Post by Richard Naninck »

Attached is the ELK M1 script I wrote. It contains the changlog from the newest update that I still have to take care of. Also this script is not a plug and play one since it lacks the NULL Device and theme panel. If you can read scripts, it should be pretty easy to extract the commandset I programmed into it. I didn't find the time to create a document for it that describes all of the commands and unless this script becomes the most wanted, I guess I never will. If people do want to integrate it in their systems, maybe we could start a thread on this particular Alarm system.
Attachments
Handle Alarm.zip
(15.86 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
HB Guy

Summary of this script's usage.

Post by HB Guy »

Richard:

Could you please provide a brief summary of this script's purpose? I'm considering an ELK M1 for my home and I'm curious to see how you've merged the functionality of the M1 with HouseBot.

I tried to understand the script's purpose by reading it but it'd be easier if you could explain how you use it.

Is its purpose to provide HouseBot with the M1's alarm status (reporting only), control the M1 from HouseBot, or is there even more?

Clearly, it can provide a web-based interface to the M1 without having to acquire ELK's Ethernet module (and, of course, a software-remote interface).

PS
Where can one find the programming reference (i.e. serial-port protocol) for the M1? The appendix in the M1's Installation Manual provides a long list of error codes but no mention of what is the format of transmission/reception.

Thanks,
Taras
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

The script obviously needs lots of properties (most status and some control) to function. I haven't uploaded a .hbx file that contains all of the properties, but I could do that if you decide to go for it.

The script provides status for just about everything the M1 has to offer AND the same script is capable to control almost every function of the M1.
The control and status can be done by setting up a swremote panel. I don't do anything webbased. Furthermore, all control and status can be logged to an alphalist or a text file and logging can be independantly set for most different functions.

I don't use the ELK's own programming capability because HouseBot handles it all however the ELK runs perfectly stand alone and HB just taps in which makes this setup a very nice integration into home control. You can switch HB controlled lights or whatever depending on ELK events etc etc.

All of the control protocol can be found on the ELK's homepage. There are lots of pdf files and one of them contains the complete serial protocol and command set. Just go get that pdf file, read it and then have a look at my script again. I bet it will make more sense then.

I didn't upgrade the ELK for the last 9 months or so because mine is still in the box. However a friend of mine uses the ELK and the script, so even with the ELK upgrades done, you should be fine.

EDIT: just attached an old hbx file and some other stuff like a words text file that goes with it. This words text file is needed so the ELK can speak all kinds of voices which are inputted in the Action property. I never wrote any manual for this script, but the script itself can be read and most subs have comments on how the command works.

Good luck.
Attachments
Alarm.zip
(119.78 KiB) Downloaded 505 times