Sunrise indicator

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
joegr

Sunrise indicator

Post by joegr »

Hi,
I recently upgraded to 2.31. Now the sunrise flag is flipping at the wrong times (went to one at 12:53 am, then back to zero at 1:00 pm). The sunrise and sunset calculated times are correct. Also, on start up I get the error "unable to parse default time span value [23:59:00].
Help...
Joegr
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Double check your sunset and sunrise times to make sure they look correct. If they seem off, check your latitude and longitude settings. I've not experienced this one and I use those values every day.
Scott
joegr

Post by joegr »

The times are correct. I changed some of my tasks from using the sunrise indicator to using the sunrise and sunset times. They seem to be working correctly that way. The calculated sunrise time is 5:55 am, and sunset is 7:50 pm. However, the sunrise indicator flipped from one to zero at 1:23 pm today. I just did a restart today. I'll let it run a few days and attach a screen shot of the history then. It's the first time I've had this problem, and it started with the program update. (I've been getting the parse error for some time, but it didn't seem to cause any harm.)
Thanks,
Joegr
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

My sunrise indicator works as advertised!
joegr

screen shot of failed sunrise indicator

Post by joegr »

See attached.
Attachments
sunrise.zip
(24.8 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Joegr
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Weird. Can you send another screen shot of the "Sunrise Indicator" property, but of the "General Settings" tab?
Scott
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Also, try creating a second "System Time" device and see if it exhibits the same problem.
Scott
joegr

More screen shots

Post by joegr »

See attached. I added a second system timer. So far, it has the sunrise flag set correctly. I'll let you know if it stays that way over the next day or two.
Thanks,
Joe
Attachments
untitled.zip
(166.01 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
Joegr
joegr

Update

Post by joegr »

The second system timer device's sunrise indicator is also changing at very wrong times. Other suggestions?
Joegr
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

joegr wrote:The second system timer device's sunrise indicator is also changing at very wrong times. Other suggestions?
At least they're consistent :wink:

Look in the "History" tab for the sunrise or sunset times in the System Time Device and see what time they change.

Also, try my settings (known good) for you're lat and long values (34.1327, -84.2992). I'm an hour off from you, so it may not be possible, but it would rule out the chance of your coords being in some Bermuda triangle or something.
Scott
jkim

Post by jkim »

I am having the same problem as joegr. I just upgraded from the Meedio version and now by sunrise indicator is flipping on/off at strange times. I checked my long/lat and it is calculating the correct times. Any idea???
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

I also had strange sunrise/sunset times.
It was on a new computer that had the wrong Windows time zone.
After fixing the time zone, the sunrise/sunste times are OK.
joegr

Post by joegr »

Good thought. Unfortunately, in my case the time zone is set correctly (Central /w DST).
Joe
Joegr