Software Remote Enhancements

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
loo_hoo_ser

Software Remote Enhancements

Post by loo_hoo_ser »

Two things I'd very much like to see in the software remotes:

1) Allow animated GIF's as buttons - that'd be great to see!

2) Better support for text labels on buttons. It really irks me to have a text label for a button that must fit on exactly one line. What if it's more than 1 line? It doesn't wrap cleanly - instead it jumps to the leftmost/top position instead of being cleanly centered on the button. I've resorted to creating LARGE buttons to hold enough of the text on one line! So much space is wasted. I dislike having to use a small font size too to make it fit - too hard to read!
PT

Post by PT »

I second animated giffs
Regards

PT

If it isn't broke,fix it till it is!
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

And while we are animating, how about the ability to play video such as cams, or maybe even a small TV window displaying the TV channel currently selected on the PVR. Not anything fancy, but just like dynamic images only then with video.
roussell
Advanced Member

Post by roussell »

How about Flash animated buttons? That would allow some really advanced buttons and indicators. As an example - I can report the position of my garage doors with a resolution of about 2 inches. A Flash indicator would allow me to have a moving garage door that I could stop in any position to correctly reflect the actual position of my door. Of course, there are many other uses; this is just the one the wife asked about this weekend... :)