ToDo's?!

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

ToDo's?!

Post by Richard Naninck »

It's good to finally be at an active forum!

My wishlist is as follows:

- Camera view (motion picture) ability in a SWRemote (theme)
- Color / font change ability for texts in buttons and status properties
- Theme memory issues (as addressed by Scott already) / Script run memory issues
- Interface for USB / Ethernet devices like the Generic serial device
- HouseBot Connector to Meedio (I guess that will be a very low priority now)
- Interfaces for ZWave, Insteon, FS20 (USB), ELK M1 etc etc
- Better / more theme designs (Maybe starting a thread where everybody can post his own built theme buttons / backgrounds etc.
- Have the support tickets that were filed checked and small bugs fixed like: Generic Serial device, Allow same value for the IR receiver etc etc

We could share information on what we have accomplished so far so Scott doesn't have to reinvent everything.

I have continuous VBScripts running for:
- EMail retrieving / alerting / deletion
- Onkyo (serial) TX-NR5000E control
- NEC Plasma (serial) control
- Calendar function (complete set up and controllable from a SWRemote)
- PC Info script (revised since last posts from Scott -> continuously running now)
- European ISDN VoiceMail / Telephone interface for CID, voicemail and phonebook based on the German program XAN
- Serial control for own built tranceivers (868MHz) controlling temperature sensors, curtains, PIR's etc etc
- In the near future a script will be developped for the ELK M1 Gold alarm system
- Cool And Quiet control from a SWRemote (on / off) for AMD CPU's
- USB UIRT integration (which is obviously nothing new)
- Red Theme buttons with actual status (requires a task sometimes)

I found out that constantly triggering large vbscripts on a task consume great amounts of memory. The memory issue was worked around by having the scripts run constantly and as a side effect, every script control became more agile
Last edited by Richard Naninck on Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Speaking of scripts, one other feature that I would like to implement is a way to have scripts auto executed when a change to a Property Value is triggered. This would save the overhead of having a Task that looks for a PV change and then calls a script (I'm sure we all have one or two of those).

BTW, I'm moving this thread into the Feature Request forum (new forum from the Meedio days)
Scott
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

I figured I should have put it there in the first place, but that was after posting it already.

Having a feature like that sounds nice. It might even trigger on more than one different property changes then. I take it this will be a feature that can be checked on and off and in case of more properties, a list of properties that the script device should check before triggering.

I guess that resolving the memory issue is one that should go along with this because large scripts will deplete memory very quickly, hence decreasing stability and uptimes. Not sure however what causes the memory losses -> HouseBot or Windows?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Richard Naninck wrote:Not sure however what causes the memory losses -> HouseBot or Windows?
Windows, of course :wink:
Scott