A request for userfriendly rule editor...

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
wallebalboa

A request for userfriendly rule editor...

Post by wallebalboa »

Widen the usage of Housebot!

I really have the ambition to automate my home, not only "software remote" my home. The major show stopper for this is now to get high WAF on the task editor. ( honestly i have problems now and then to add rules/tasks myself.. :oops: ). I have no clue about the amount of work needed to do somthing like the rule editor in outlook, but it would change my world! Today its to much of a programmers tool, and most of us feel more home in editing code not clicking if-then-else stuff..

I would like to click time and dates in a "small calender view"

easy way to add "offset times" ( 15 minutes before wakeup-time)

easy readable rule summarize ( if summer and dark then gardenlight on )

(look at the outlook rule editor/wizard...)

I also would like to see a "script task", this mainly to get a good structure of tasks. as is now things not possible to do in tasks is done in scripts and they are "stored" in device folder. i see it more intuitive to have all rules in the task folder even if they are done by a script... ( the script device is great for doing device related scripts, ex a spezial serial device parser...)

Modes are great to do automation. A nice enhancement to modes would be to add "mode condition" directly in the mode. this will make it easy to maintain modes ( ex. mode cold is enabled: when outside temperatur is < -10 degrees ) and if conditions are easy there will be no need for tasks only updating modes. Comments on modes would be nice too... and mode groups... :roll:

the rule management is key to house automation ( together with I/O integration) and i see rule management is not at the same level as housbot device integration and openess. So pls focus on this for next release...

continuous enhancements makes a good software competetive... :wink:

regs Walle (i feel a small decrease of responsiveness on the forum, i hope its an illution....)

( rookies: WAF= wife acceptans factor ) 8)
wallebalboa

Post by wallebalboa »

(i feel a small decrease of responsiveness on the forum, i hope its an illution....)

sorry for this, but after 70 views and 9 days and no reply i guess i am in a glitch of the time warp....

regs