comparing properties in task and duplicating task/task items

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
wallebalboa

comparing properties in task and duplicating task/task items

Post by wallebalboa »

Hello.

the new functionality with %%device.property%% in tasks is great.

However in this task example:

"If ('device1.value' is equal to '%%device2.value%%') then ..."

it looks like the task "test" is runned only when device1.value changes and not if device2.value is changed...

a workaround seems to be possible if i add

"and if device2.value is equal to whatever..."

preferable the "task engine" should be looking for changes in both these properties and test if condition is met.

if duplicating a task or a task item the "%%device.property%%" is replaced with "0". this should prefarable be copied as is..

a good enhancement would also be to be able to select from the "device/property tree" when previously selecting constants only..

this stuff is getting better and better 8)

regs
wallebalboa

wassup...

Post by wallebalboa »

am i doing somthin totally wrong here ... have i missunderstood the whole task thing... can any comment on this... is there a simple solution to this or do no one use tasks? did i write the question in danish?

pls advice.. 11 days and no comment/reply :shock:

regs walle
ScottBot
Site Admin

Re: wassup...

Post by ScottBot »

wallebalboa wrote:am i doing somthin totally wrong here
You're doing it right. Checkout Property Value Substitution Strings in the online help. Particularly the Tasks sections of that article. It hits briefly about the case of comparing Property Value Substitution Strings in Tasks and the behavior.
Scott
wallebalboa

Post by wallebalboa »

ok... sorry RFM....

this says it all.

"When comparing Properties to other Properties in the system, be sure to use the Property that will be changing to test to the substitution value. This is due to the fact that Tasks are only evaluated when any of the Property Values listed in its condition list changes. Substituted Property Values won't cause the Task to be evaluated. For example, if testing the System Time.Time Without Seconds Property to a user defined Property, use the user defined Property as the substituted value. If the Task should be evaluated if either of the Property Values change, create a second condition and OR it to the first condition. The second condition would be identical to the first, but the Property Values are reversed in order."

however testing for change in substituted properties would be a nice enhancement :oops:

still i see "performance report"(bug) with the use of substitute and duplicate task item and when duplicating tasks...,...

%%x.x%% is when edit a task replaced with 0... (duplicating a task is not copying the %% thing... and replaceing it with 0)

and

it would be good to select substitute property from a property/device list

regs walle
wallebalboa

Post by wallebalboa »

the basic in this Q was RFM but ..

"

however testing for change in substituted properties would be a nice enhancement

still i see "performance report"(bug) with the use of substitute and duplicate task item and when duplicating tasks...,...

%%x.x%% is when duplicating a task replaced with 0... (duplicating a task is not copying the %% thing... and replaceing it with 0)

and

it would be good enhancement to select substitute property from a property/device list ..

just keeping you up to speed.. :D

regs walle