IR Code Number Received

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

IR Code Number Received

Post by Richard Naninck »

This is actually not a feature request, but a bigfix request.

Have the IR Code Number Received Property from the IR Receiver device really accept the "NOT" Allow Same Value Changes. If I do not select this checkbutton, I would expect the IR Code Number Receiver to only receive 1 (one) IR code with the same value. I really need this, because I use this property to trigger tasks from an IR Remote. What happens is that even with this Allow Same Value Changes checkbutton unchecked, multiple of the same values are received and processed and therefore my task gets executed more than once. I fixed this with a workaround by mirroring my IR Code Number Received in another property and have that Property set to NOT allow same value changes. I need to start a sleeptimer of about 7 seconds to have all the IR code repeats out of the system. If the sleeptimer ends, I initialize the mirrored IR Code Number to 0 so next time the IR Code Number Received property receives a value, my mirrored IR property will trigger accordingly.

Please fix the "Allow Same Value Changes" so that this really works. that way I can get rid of my extensive workaround which by the way I came up with thanks to ScottBot!
Last edited by Richard Naninck on Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spike5884

Post by spike5884 »

If it is a bug, you should really go to the Support page and open a Ticket.
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
Richard Naninck
HouseBot Guru Extraordinaire

Post by Richard Naninck »

Done.