Insteon Support

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
spike5884

Insteon Support

Post by spike5884 »

Add support for Insteon to Housebot

http://www.insteon.net
Thanks,
Scott J
aka spike5884
ezonhold

Post by ezonhold »

I would be very interested in this as well. Please keep me posted.
Kairos

Post by Kairos »

Although I'd like to see this too, Insteon computer modules will not be sold untill late august. They only sell the computer module with the developer kits currently.
ezonhold

Post by ezonhold »

how hard is it currently and how many companies are doing this.. This meaning automation systems that run meedio, your home items also?

Is this that cutting edge that so few people know anything about it?
Kairos

Post by Kairos »

Know anything about what? Insteon? Home Automation? Not sure waht you post is refering to.
ezonhold

Post by ezonhold »

Kairos wrote:Know anything about what? Insteon? Home Automation? Not sure waht you post is refering to.

I just spent 1 hour on the phone with "SmartHome" Awesome company and awesome support. Insteon is actually made by smarthome and is going to be a much better product then the x10 powerlink controller. I would call them and talk to support.. They also have a training for 30 bucks over the net and give 25 back as a store credit.. I really would like to be able to intergrate them with meedio but i dont think its possible at this time.. Most of what i want to do with automation is going to be voice activated, so it doesnt really matter if meedio supports it for now.
pavlov70

Post by pavlov70 »

I too am interested in Insteon support. I'm going to be picking up the starter kit and several dimmer switces for my media room as a test. If it works out as good as it sounds, I'm going to settle on that for the rest of my house.

The dimmers appear to be the true rocker-types and if the response time is actually .06 secs like they claim, then they'll be basically as good as the Lutron RadioRA system for 1/3 - 1/4 the price.
thinkmike

Post by thinkmike »

Kairos wrote:Although I'd like to see this too, Insteon computer modules will not be sold untill late august. They only sell the computer module with the developer kits currently.

Kairos,

I spoke with Smarthome and they are planning to release a package product with a 3rd party software vendor in the next few weeks, I would guess it is homeseer. You might want to call your Smarthome contact and get support for insteon in the works.

Mike
AccessX10

Post by AccessX10 »

Smarthome has officially released the PowerLinc V2 (INSTEON) USB controller.

The first software application to support INSTEON is mControl by Embedded Automation. This is a Windows Media Center based application.

For more information and reviews regarding INSTEON products, you can visit the following:

http://forums.accessx10.com/forumdispla ... forumid=29
http://www.AccessHA.com

INSTEON and X10 Technical Resource and Forums
pavlov70

Post by pavlov70 »

I just got the Insteon starter kit and a dimmer switch installed. I must say I'm very impressed. Took about 15 minutes to install the 2 repeaters, dimmers, and to link them.

The tabletop controller is very classy, looks much more expensive than the $30 it cost. The dimmer switch is a true 2 way and idiot-proof to use. Feels very solid.

Lights so far respond instantly and 100% of the time. No lag like with X10. I'd dare to say it's every bit as good as Lutron's RadioRA system for 1/3 the price.

This fall Insteon is coming out with their wall controllers and a touchpad LCD. That will really make this system shine (well, that and Housebot support, hint hint).
thinkmike

Post by thinkmike »

pavlov70 wrote: This fall Insteon is coming out with their wall controllers and a touchpad LCD. That will really make this system shine (well, that and Housebot support, hint hint).

Touchpad LCD? Do you have any more information on this? :lol:

Now I am really excited.
pavlov70

Post by pavlov70 »

thinkmike wrote:
pavlov70 wrote: This fall Insteon is coming out with their wall controllers and a touchpad LCD. That will really make this system shine (well, that and Housebot support, hint hint).
Touchpad LCD? Do you have any more information on this? :lol:

Now I am really excited.

A list of current, future, and rumoured Insteon products:

http://forums.accessx10.com/showthread. ... readid=509

About half way down this page is a couple of shots of the future Insteon Touchlinc table-top controller:

http://forums.accessx10.com/showthread. ... genumber=3

Looks pretty cool.... I've been real impressed with what they've released so far.
thinkmike

Post by thinkmike »

pavlov70 awesome thanks for the links.

Looks like some more cool insteon products in the pipeline.

I am waiting the insteon keypad link that one of the smarthome tech support guys told me was going to be out early september or late this month. :lol:

come on meedio and support insteon so I can stop having to give all of my insteon devices crappy x10 addresses.
Elaminator

Free Switchlinc with coupon code.

Post by Elaminator »

Smarthome.com has a coupon code to receive a free Insteon Switchlinc dimmer worth $69 with any $100+ dollar purchase. I am picking up an Insteon starter kit for 99 and adding a light mod kit to break 100 and get the free dimmer. Hope this helps someone out.

Coupon Code is: EA200508C

Other coupons can be found at the following link if you don't have any use for an in-wall dimmer.

http://www.happycoupons.com/coupons/smarthome/
swoodle

I would be very interested

Post by swoodle »

I would be very interested in this as well. Please keep me posted.