Not able to get Sample WinAmp to Play

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
chy

Not able to get Sample WinAmp to Play

Post by chy »

Hi,

I think tried everything but still could not get the Sample WinAmp to play music. Every time I hit Play button on the Software Remote, it brings up WinAmp without problem but Play button change to Pause and then Play again quickly. I am sure the Full path to file is pointing to the right location. Everything else seems to work correctly. The log also indicates the A/V status was changed from playing to stopped. I noticed when I selected the mp3 file, the path display as c:\\test.mp3 (two back slashes instead of one). I changed it to c:\test.mp3 but still did not work.

I am running 1.30 HB, WinAmp 2.91 (I tried v3, but same problem). Is there a trick?

Help!

chy
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Chy,

It sounds WinAmp is not able to play the MP3 file specified for some reason. When playing, the housebot WinAmp Plugin will monitor WinAmp and reflect its playing status, so if WinAmp stops playing for some reason, HouseBot will also show this.

Try simply pressing the 'Play' button in WinAmp and see if it can play the MP3. If it doesn't, try opening the MP3 file using WinAmp (Pressing 'L' on the WinAmp screen). If it plays, doublecheck the path that you are entering to the MP3 file. You don't need double blackslashes.

Scott
chy

Post by chy »

Scott,

Thank you for your quick response.

From WinAmp itself, I have no problem playing the same file. While WinAmp is playing, the A/V Status in HB still showing value Stop. Funny thing is I can change the value to Pause in HB and it will pause the WinAmp, and I can then change the value to Playing in HB and WinAmp will begin to play again. Then, if I change value to Stop, it will stop WinAmp. However, when changing value back to Playing in HB, WinAmp never restart.

I am sure that the Full path to file is pointing to WinAmp's executable, and Play Source is pointing to the right path. Using the Sample WinAmp, when selecting the mp3 file in the Directory box, it kept putting double slashes (like c:\\test.mp3). Since I am not sure if double slashes is the cause of the problem, I selected the file from Play Source in HB, but still no luck.

I have tried this on a different machine, but again not good.

Am I missing something? Anything else I should try?

Chy
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

What version of Windows are you running HouseBot on?

Also, have you tried either the internal or external playlist samples to see if you can get the MP3 to play in a playlist?

Scott
kbosscawen

Post by kbosscawen »

I had a similar problem, and on a whim tried copying the Gen_WinAmpProxy.dll file from ....\housebot\plugins\devices\winamp_plugin to ....\winamp\plugins, and that cleared ALL of the problems that I was having with controlling WinAmp with HB. I don't know if that's the "right" fix, or if I missed something in the HB documentation, but everything's working now.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Good point! I hadn't thought about the Gen_WinAmpProxy.dll plugin. This will definitely cause the problems described.

I think I missed documenting the importance of the Gen_WinAmpProxy file in the on-line help.

Thanks,

Scott
chy

Post by chy »

Excellent! It works now.

Thanks.

Chy