I need help - x-10 control in Meedio- Yes another newbee

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
bobk

I need help - x-10 control in Meedio- Yes another newbee

Post by bobk »

I just came across Meedio yesterday , purchased both essentials and housebot. I was up and running Pictures , Music , Weather in no time.

But I have several questions and hope someone can straighten me out .

1. My primary goal is now X-10 lighting control from within Meedio Essentials,

Can I do this ?

2. I've read the forums and get confusted , I have a PowerLinc 1132 controller and found the driver , but now what do I do ?

3. I found the X-10 module for Meedio essentials , installed it but I don't understand the link going to the USB device .
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Your confusion may be over the fact that Essential and HouseBot are very separate applications and do not share the same plugins. What's worse, they don't even communicate with each other (maybe some day).

You can control via X10 directly with Essentials, but I can't really help you with that. You would need to try over on the Essentials forums.

It sounds like you're questions are more from the Essentials perspective, so I'm not going to get into details on how you can do the X10 control with HouseBot. If you do want to use HouseBot for this, then I'll be glad to give you more help in setting it up.
Scott
bobk

Thanks Scott

Post by bobk »

Your information on the two seperate programs and seperate drivers helped alot. I am going to use Essentials as I prefer a single interface.

But, I did get the PowerLinc installed into HouseBot but now I'm unsure how to add the Lighting Switches. Perhaps you can get me started .
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

In HouseBot, once you have the powerlinc installed,
  1. select "File / New / Device..." from the main menu.
  2. Select "Requires Hardware Interface" <next>
  3. Select the PowerLinc Hardware Interface that you have setup in HouseBot.<next>
  4. Select the type of X10 Switch you are to control.<next>
  5. Give it a name.<next>
  6. Set the HouseCode and UnitCode of the Device.<next><next>
After that the HouseBot Device should be setup. You can control it by setting the Properties of the Device (e.g. Changing the Power State Property to "On" will turn on the light.).

Hope this helps...
Scott