Omni controller serial device

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
Mike Rayborn

Omni controller serial device

Post by Mike Rayborn »

Hello All.

I have an HAI Omni controller and I would like to create a hardware device plugin to use with housebot. Currently this device is interfaced to software from HAI via the PC serial port.

I have the HAI Omni protocol for communicating via the serial port. It's a binary protocol with imbedded length and crc so I can't use the generic serial plugin interface.

Can anyone provide some source code for a serial based hardware plugin that I could use as a starting point for creating my own Omni hardware plugin?

Thanks.

-- Mike
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Mike,

I know of another user who has just started to develop an HAI plugin. Maybe you could work together??
Scott
mangelsen

Post by mangelsen »

I can't offer any technical support but I would like to voice my interest in this plug-in. I install HAI systems and would definitely support this with cash when it gets done.
Mike Rayborn

Post by Mike Rayborn »

Scott,

If someone else is going to build an interface for HAI then I guess I could wait. My interest is because I have a HAI OmniLT and find the software available from HAI a little lacking.

Being a software developer myself I thought I would take a crack at the Omni so I could make it do what I want.

My motivation is personal, not professional. I use the Omni mostly as an alarm panel but would still like to extend it to be part of my home automation via homebot.

For those who don't know, the Omni panels have a serial interface and a built in X10 interface. They come in a variety of flavors/sizes from just a few zones in a single area to many areas and zones. All in all a nice piece of hardware.

I'd like to hear from anyone else working on a solution for HAI Omni.