Not updating SWremotes

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
wallebalboa

Not updating SWremotes

Post by wallebalboa »

Hello

i have a local SWremote running with 3 buttons and 2 property labels.

one of the labels (label1) update aprox once a second and one (label2) once 15 minutes.

after a while the SWremote stop update...

the SWremote shows asleep in housebot.

I dont want this to sleep, so sleep is set to -1 in SWremote.

if i push a button it reconnects but only updates label1 when it changes and not the changes of label2 that has happen during it "was sleeping". (however it updates label2 next time it changes....)

- why does a local remote goes to sleep when sleep set to -1?

- is it possible to do a full refresh of all controls/labels? this could happen when sw remotes comes awake or forced from server based on tasks( or totally automatic based on a setup refresh time...

I will have "information" screens whitch will be hard to access so the refresh should be automatic or initiated from server, not from the remote.

regs Anders
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Is the SW Remote running on the same machine as the HouseBot server, or is it running on another machine? If running on another machine, what platform (like is it a Pocket PC) is it running?
Scott
wallebalboa

Post by wallebalboa »

Local.

i have seen this problem on my other machines (including wireless PocketPC) but to eliminate network issues i set up this test config to verify with minimum extras...

tnx

for fast response

kind regs
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I've tried to reproduce this on my machine, but the SW Remote doesn't lose it's connection. I'll try and add more properties to see if that aggravates the problem. In the next version, I open the connection with a 'keep alive' flag that may help to fix this problem also.

For the Pocket PC, make sure you have it set so it doesn't go into standby after a set number of minutes.
Scott
wallebalboa

Post by wallebalboa »

I will clean the installation even more and see if i can eleminate the problem.

The keep alive thing sounds great.. :D .

kind regs