Problem with Caller ID?

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
ficklma1

Problem with Caller ID?

Post by ficklma1 »

I've tried to configure Housebot to post Caller ID information, with no luck. I have a Motorola SM56 speakerphone modem that definitely has Caller ID support. I can get it to list the Caller ID information within HyperTerm, but can't seem to get it to work in HouseBot. It doesn't list anything in the log when the phone rings. The modem is on COM2 and it's enabled in HouseBot, with an init string of AT+VCID=1(which is what I used in HyperTerm to test). Any suggestions?

Thanks
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Can you copy and paste the exact caller ID response string from HyperTerm so I can see what the modem is returning when it receives a call?

Also, if you enable tracing of the Hardware Interface for the modem, it may give us some clues. You can enable the tracing by clicking on the "Hardware Module Type" button when viewing the Hardware Interface. Then select the 'Enabled' checkbox in the Diagnostic Tracing group.
Scott
ficklma1

Post by ficklma1 »

Scott,

Below is the output from HyperTerminal.

DATE=1101

TIME=2035

NAME=WIRELESS CALL

NMBR=xxxxxxxxxx

I replaced my number with x's.

I've tried what you suggested about enabling the log, but I don't see that HouseBot is even registering that a call has occured. No call log information appears under my device log. Where is the race" log store?

Thanks for your help.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

At first glance, the caller ID info looks good.
ficklma1 wrote:Where is the race" log store?
Oh yea. The trace file (InterfaceTrace.*.csv) can be found in your \HouseBot\Logs directory. You can send it to me at [email protected].
Scott
ficklma1

Post by ficklma1 »

Scott,

I'll look to see if the log file is there when I get home. Shouldn't HouseBot at least be logging that there was a call? When the phone rings it doesn't appear to be receiving any info, such as "number of rings", "time of call", etc. Any ideas what could be causing this? The init string that I have in the device is the same init string I used in HyperTerminal: AT+VCID=1

Thanks for your assistance
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It should at least detect the rings. You won't see this at all in the Hardware Interface, but the Devices should show it.

Hopefully the trace file will shed some light.
Scott
ficklma1

Post by ficklma1 »

Scott,

It's not looking good. I have tried numerous times to get HouseBot to recognize that the phone is ringing. I've turned the trace log on, but it never writes anything to the log directory, so unfortunately there is nothing to send to you to debug. Needless to say I'm very dissapointed :cry: , due to the fact I already purchased HouseBot in the hopes that this would work - didn't have time to check everything out before the 15 day trial ran out.

I sure hope that you can help resolve this problem.

Thanks for your time.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It's strange that you get NO log file. If tracing is turned on, every character this is received by the plugin will be written to the trace file. After the 'init' string is sent, the modem should respond "OK", so there should be something in the log.

Make sure echo is set to on (ATE1).

Also, the standard command for controlling caller ID is #CID, whereas you have VCID. Maybe that's specific to your chipset. I use AT&F#CID=1S0=0 for my initialization string. You might want to give it a shot.

I suppose it could also be some kind of flow control setup issue.
Scott