Generic Serial Hardware Interface - Set DTR

Have an idea for a new feature? Voice your opinion here.
dlock

Generic Serial Hardware Interface - Set DTR

Post by dlock »

Would it be possible to add an option to keep DTR set when not using flow control. My device only responds when when DTR is set but it doesn't use any flow control. :?:
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Have you tried just setting the DTR Flow Control option to Enabled?

The actual meaning of these settings is:
  • Disabled - Disables the DTR line when the device is opened and leaves it disabled.
  • Enabled - Enables the DTR line when the device is opened and leaves it on.
  • Handshake- Enables DTR handshaking.
Scott
dlock

Post by dlock »

Scott,

thanks for the reply. I tried this and it worked, not sure why this didn't work the first time.

Does the Command Terminator only work with Sent Data or can it work with Received Data as well? The device I am trying to model sends a continuous stream of monitoring data with each sample terminated by LF CR. I have managed to pick out my data through tunning of the Repsonse Time out (down to 50ms) but an input terminator would be more accurate.

The device I have sucessfully modelled is the Quasar Temperature Logger (see http://www.electronic-kits-and-projects.com/3145.htm) I need to do some further work with the Device Properties and the VBScript that processes the inbound data stream and then I'll post the results in the Plugin forum.

Thanks again. Darren.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Darren,

No the terminator will only be appended to sent data. In your example, I can see how an input terminator would work better than the command timeout setting. Hopefully you should be able to parse it out correctly using a VBScript.
Scott