Software Remote in a WINdow

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Software Remote in a WINdow

Post by Steve Horn »

This is going to sound dumb but anyway... How can the theme presented on a software remote be presented in a/as a normal Windows window, i.e. with std WIndows close, minimize buttons, and be shift-tabbed through like and with other running apps? My software remote theme is alway on top and I have to minimize the theme with the HB minimize control on the panel to get to the other app.
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

Would you rather that the Software Remote just act like a normal Window (not always staying on top), or do you really want the full title bar and border also?

Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

I guess MY preference would to for it to act like a normal window. The current presentation is ideal for single application remotes, i.e. Pocket PCs, etc. But my touchpad is in the kitchen and serves as the remote for A/V control as well as grocery list (currently using wordpad), and a web browser. Would be nice to alt- tab between the apps that are open. But I hasten to say that if there's little or no interest from others, I can certainly live with it as-is. It's great as-is! Just surprised someone else hasn't expressed the same thoughts. Maybe they have and I've missed them. Your call, Scott.

Thanks,

btw, the IP address chg on the remote hasnt been a problem yet - maybe because the server host has not been rebooted and called for a new IP.
Steve