IrDA to IR remote control

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
BobA

IrDA to IR remote control

Post by BobA »

I just purchased "TEKRAM USB INFRARED ADAPTOR IR-410W" and would like to use it for an IR remote control. I have an emachine computer running XPhome. I have installed HouseBot and it runs well wit x10 cm11A and MR26A (installed on an USB-serial adapter). Everything I have seen on the web says this can't be done but I know it can because I have installed OmniRemote on my PDA which is IrDA and it becomes a remote control. I need help understanding the issue. Second, is there a Housebot driver for this or any standard IrDA compyter port? :?:

Thanks

BobA
My dog and I thank you, BobA
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Bob,

Personally, I've only created IR support plugins for the USB-UIRT, Ocelot, Slink-e, and GC-100.

Scott
BobA

IR remote control

Post by BobA »

I read some reviews on various methods to do ir remote control on the PC. It looks like TIRA is unreliable and converting irda to ir remote control is extremely difficult so I purchased the USB-UIRTdevice. I iinstalled it into housebot and everything works fine. :D
My dog and I thank you, BobA