Software Remote popup panels position

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Hian

Software Remote popup panels position

Post by Hian »

Just found out that software remote (Windows client) popup panel position is relative to Window's screen not to software remote's windows.

I used to setup popup panles to simulate tab controls and align them nicely to software remote. This works perfectly If I lock the software remote's position. But when I moved the software remote, the alignment will be out.

Of course, I know others may prefer the popup panels to be relative to Windows screen but this does not work good for me. Any ideas to smoothen my setup?

TIA.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Depending on how you are setting up the Theme, you might be able to simply include the tab at the top of each pop-up as controls on the pop-up. It means that you would have to duplicate (and maintain) all of the buttons.

Scott
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

I have the same problem as Hian, and would be happy to have the option to lock the position of pop-up panels. Duplicating and maintaing controls is prone to errors and in some cases may require a lot of time.

TIA.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I could add an option as to whether a Panel is movable (like is done with the main Panel). It won't be in this next update, but I'll add it to the list.

Scott
yaccri
HouseBot Special Member

Post by yaccri »

That's great Scott.

While working on the pop-ups, please consider this:

Following your suggestion in the help file, I use pop-up panels for devices like DVD and VCR, so they cover part of the main panel, while the part not covered by the pop-ups is used for general things like lighting.

While switching from HouseBot client to another application (using alt+tab or the taskbar, without minimizing the client first), the pop-up panel remains (while the main panel does not). It is more appropriate in such cases to make it dissapear.

TIA.