Import error

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Import error

Post by Circe640 »

Scott

Have built the script for the installer and am testing. Install worked but when I imported the hbx file after the install (same hbx I sent you earlier) I am getting the following error and the server hangs.

Database error - Field ' TestConditions.TestValue' cannot be a zero length string, - [Insert into TestConditions(TaskBlockID,DeviceId,TestValue,TestComparison, TestOrder,Operator) values(59,37,339,*,3,0,2)]

Error adding TestCondition to database

I understand the above (unfortunately) but I don't understand why

Thanks

Jim
Circe640
Advanced Member

Its in the Task I think?

Post by Circe640 »

I checked what imported and the device and the button forward and back tasks are there but it is the JK Mirror Playlist task that has no code showing with it and the theme didn't import.

Could this be a problem because the JK Mirror Playlist task is using substitution?
Circe640
Advanced Member

Found a typo in the substitution

Post by Circe640 »

Found a typo in the substitution Yeesh!

Should have a installable .exe for JukeBot shortly!!!
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

So was the substitution causing the import error, or do I still need to look into it?
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Post by Circe640 »

The typo was in the substitution string so it was my problem --- however it does point out a problem. When you build a substitution string in a task the system must not resolve the string at that point. However when you do an import it must try to resolve the substitution string and if it cannot it completely hangs HouseBot on the splash screen. At least, there should be some error handling so that it can recover from the error and tell you what was wrong. In most cases it would be easier to let the import continue and knowing where the problem is manually correct the task once HB is back up and running.

The interesting thing about this was the typo was simply the case of one of the letters in the substitution string.