LynX-Port Plug-in

HouseBot Plugin Development Discussions.
ericvic

LynX-Port Plug-in

Post by ericvic »

I have one of these devices and was wondering if there would be any interest in a plug-in for it. If there is no interest then I will probably wait to build it until I need to use the LynX-Port.

Eric
ericvic

Post by ericvic »

Scott,

What notifications does the Ocelot plug-in send out for input changes. Related to the SECU16. I want to make sure that my plug-in for the LynX-Port works the same way.

Thanks,

Eric
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It sends out "Input State Change" notifications. The filter it uses is something like: "M=%d;I=%d", Module, Input.

The DataPack has only one member "State" which is either "Closed" or "Opened".

With the Module and Input filter values, it may make the notification somewhat unique to the Ocelot, but if you want to be able to use the standard HouseBot Input Device, you should try and match it. You can always set one of the values to 0 if not used, so it will always match.
Scott
ericvic

Post by ericvic »

Scott,

Thanks.

Do you think you could (sometime at your lesiure) create a document that has all the notifications available from the different hardware interfaces, what they mean and what is in the DataPack.

That would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Eric
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Yes, that would be helpful. It might be nice if there were an online way of doing this so as others write plugins they could document their interfaces as well.

I'll work on this, but in the interim, feel free to ask.
Scott