Remote response

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
acheslow

Remote response

Post by acheslow »

I have a property change button controlling a girder bridge device. If I click the button repeatedly very fast it seems to only send out a command about once every 3/4 second. I tried this -

Code: Select all

ieventc.exe 192.168.0.2 1024 girder Sendkey-Down payload stresstest 1 0 20
from a command line to test the connection from ieventc to girder and the response was very very quick. Any idea why the responsiveness from Housebot to girder is slower? I've tried various changes in the 'Repeating' tab of the button properties with no success.

Thanks!

Alan
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Alan,

Good question.

You are seeing a limitation of how fast Windows will let you press a button. There's something in the Windows double-click detection logic that causes this. There is no code in the SWRemote that limits the speed of pressing. If you have a sound (wav file) setup for button presses, that will effect the response time.

If you increase your mouse double-click speed to 'fast' (in the control panel), you can click/press the button faster.

If you use the press-and-hold feature (on the Repeating tab of the button), the button will send commands as fast as 10 a second.
Last edited by ScottBot on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott
acheslow

Post by acheslow »

Excellent, works great now! Very speedy!

Thanks!

Alan
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It's such a good question that I've added it to the FAQ forum :wink:
Scott