CM11A error

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
msjfb

CM11A error

Post by msjfb »

Hi,

I am unable to get a reliable operation of the CM11A interface.

I get the following error:

"Checksum returned from CM11A is not correct. Returned [5a], expected [6d] "

I am running Windows XP Home Edition, and HouseBot version 1.63

I have tried changing serial port, but same problem. I have tried a new CM11A interface, same problem.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Francois
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Francois,

The 5a is an indication that an X10 signal has been received. Are you seeing this error immediately or after a while? Is there something that seems to trigger it?

If you want to generate a trace file, I can look into the details better. A data trace may give us some more clues. To generate a trace file:
  1. From the HouseBot main menu, select 'Settings/Tracing...'.
  2. Press the 'Advanced' button.
  3. Select the name of the CM11a interface in the list (it will be prefixed with an asterisk).
  4. Select the 'File' checkbox and enter a file name in the edit field below (file name only).
  5. Press OK to dismiss all dialogs.
  6. Try and use the interface again. This should generate data in the log file.
  7. Turn the tracing off by returning to the 'Advanced' tracing dialog and removing the check by the 'File' option.
  8. Send the trace file to me at '[email protected]'. The file can be found in the HouseBot\Logs directory.
Scott
kilowatt

Post by kilowatt »

Scott,

I see errors recorded in the error log at very specific times of the day each day. "Unknown data received [5b]" I noticed that the times coincide with times that the CM11A is programmed to turn on or off lights. These times were programmed into the CM11A via X10's ActiveHome software. So it seems that when the CM11A turns on a light by an internally programmed schedule it sends a notice that HouseBot does not understand. Perhaps this is where some of the errors others are seeing originate.

Mark
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Looking at the CM11a spec, I see that '5b' is sent when the interfaces receives a 'fast macro initiator (whatever that is), or when a timer event is processed.

I'll look into processing and ignoring these messages so there are no error messages.

Thanks!
Scott