Software remote Unhandled Win32 Exception

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Software remote Unhandled Win32 Exception

Post by Circe640 »

Instruction at 0x78004d23 refernenced memory at 0x00000001

Memory could not be read

This occured as I was loading the thumbnails to the dynamic images. The first 9 out of 10 are displayed as they are local "noCover" images and the path is to the local housebot directory

C:\Program Files\HouseBot\Plugins\Devices\Nocover.jpg

However the remote seems to fail as it attempts to load the last thumbnail which has a path of

F:\myCDs\Alternative\Dave Matthews Band\Before These Crowded Streets\Dave Matthews Band_Before These Crowded Streets.jpg

It would appear there is a problem either handling the remote drive or the long path name.

Help!
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I just tested with the following setups to try and reproduce the problem.
  • really really long path
  • UNC path to file
  • Mapped drive to file
  • invalid file name
I was not able to reproduce the exception.

Can you create a simple test case that reproduces that problem and send me a configuration sample?

Thanks
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Rebuit part of panel and prolem went away

Post by Circe640 »

I deleted most of the controls from the panel that was causing this problem and started rebuilding it. So far with the JukeBot list controls and graphic images there has not been a further problem. Have yet to add the Playlist manager list control back yet. --- Tomorrow night!

Thanks

Jim
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

It's good that you've got it working again. It still sounds like there's something wrong somewhere. If you're able to put together a good duplication scenario for me, let me know.

I'm going to be out of town for the next several days, so you may not hear much from me. Hopefully I can check out your creation when I get back.
Scott