Problem Debugging/ List Control Failure?

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Circe640
Advanced Member

Problem Debugging/ List Control Failure?

Post by Circe640 »

Testing new JukeBot and have run into interesting problem. All testing so far using HouseBot Server itself seems to work OK.

Created a panel with 4 list controls - Collection,Category, Artist and Album to display the lists I am creating. Run this panel using the software remote so that the lists are displayed to verify formatting is correct. Panel loads properly -- correct values show in all lists but a few seconds later housebot server shuts down with no error messages anywhere but software remote is still active on screen. ????? Help!
Circe640
Advanced Member

Problem with List Control Alpha String Size??

Post by Circe640 »

On a whim because of the much earlier post about list control string size, I removed the list control that is displaying the albums. With this control removed the other list controls are working fine and the server is not crashing. The album list control is being loaded with about 154 albums x 2 cols in list control ( select and displayed) x (< 100 characters / album).

This should be a little over 30K which I thought HB could handle for a list control.

Do I need to restructure for less available string total capacity in the list control. The database seems to handle it OK.

Thanks
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Check to see if there is a dump (*.dmp) file in your \HouseBot\Dump directory. If there is, please send it to me at [email protected].

I've tested the list controls with some very very large data sets. The sizes that you are suggesting should be fine. Regardless, the server shouldn't crash.
Scott
Circe640
Advanced Member

Found the problem -- not with the list control!!

Post by Circe640 »

Checking further piece by piece found the problem was occurring after the list control was loaded. My bug!!

PS: Alpha select function is now tested. All thaty is left is testing the thumbnail bitmap control. Should have that one done in the next two nights. May have testing finished by end of week!!!