Last item in list not showing.

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
kbosscawen

Last item in list not showing.

Post by kbosscawen »

Since upgrading to 1.63, the last item in any list that I display via a list control doesn't show up when the theme is displayed. This happens on both ARM and Winx86 swremotes.
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

I can't reproduce it here.

Make sure you are terminating the last item with a new-line.
Scott
kbosscawen

Post by kbosscawen »

Adding chr(10) to the end of the list helps somewhat (btw: do I need the LF, too?), but I'm still experiencing really inconsistent results going back and forth between the HB server interface, the HB list control controls, and my own list control script. Maybe the following will help troubleshoot:

Starting with a very simple list of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 entered into the list via the HB server: I see all items on the HB server, but the 5 is missing on my swremote.

If I add a '6' to the list via my list control (which basically appends the new item & chr(10) to the previous list value) on the swremote: I see items 1-6 on both the HB server and the swremote - the 5 "appears" on the swremote.

If I delete the 3 via the HB Server: I see 1,2,4,5,6 on the HB Server, but the swremote shows 1,2,4,5 (the 6 disappears).

If I add a '7' to the list via the swremote: The 6 reappears on the swremote; both the server and the swremote show 1,2,4,5,6,7.

Not to belabour the point here, but one other interesting item:

On the swremote, if I use the stock HB list control control to delete anything in the list (even a middle item), the swremote shows the last item also disappearing; the HB server shows the correct list. I.e., following the above flow, if I deleted the '4' using the stock list control control, the swremote would show 1,2,5,6; the HB server would show 1,2,5,6,7.

I'm wondering if the HB server list interface and/or the stock list control controls are following the "end the list with a new line" rule....

Hope you're still awake, and hope this helps!!

Side question: How do you go about clearing out a list to be empty, either via the HB interface or programmatically?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

In trying to improve the speed for you, I had rewrote the parsing logic in the SWRemote for the lists. Unfortunately, the new routine required a final new line, whereas the old one did not.

Since I didn't realize this functional change, I failed to update the HouseBot server to also behave the same way.

I may go back to the previous parsing routine, since your speed issue was resolved with the new PPC platform. I don't believe that you were seeing problems with the previous version... were you?

Side question: How do you go about clearing out a list to be empty, either via the HB interface or programmatically?
In VBScript, you can simply set the list data to an empty string SetPropertyValue( "Null.Alpha1", "" )
Scott
kbosscawen

Post by kbosscawen »

Given the performance gains that I got with upgrading PPC, I think going back to the "old way" of doing things would work. I could just go back to the 1.62 swremote, couldn't I?
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

kbosscawen wrote:Given the performance gains that I got with upgrading PPC, I think going back to the "old way" of doing things would work. I could just go back to the 1.62 swremote, couldn't I?
That should work for you. Make sure it is at least 1.62.1.
Scott