Refrigerator door light

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Refrigerator door light

Post by Steve Horn »

Not really - rather, media rm. eqpt cabinet lighting controlled by an X10 wall switch lamp dimmer. That is controlled by a task that senses a change in the state of the door (open/closed) which is sensed by a reed switch connected to a Ocelot/Leopard input. An awfully complicated way to turn on/off a light, granted. But the intent was to control the light via dimming action. Anyway, it doesn't work. The Oclelot sees the change in door state (I can see it change the bit by monitoring the leopard I/O via CPUXA). But is seems that the HB server is not seeing that change. Scott, we chatted on this once before. What I'm looking for are a few suggestions (or even one) on how to debug this. I've tried putting a control on the HB remote theme panel that would indicate the state of the I/O bit (and hence the door). That would tell me if the state change was even getting to the HB server. Could get that to work. Is there a way to trace the state changes as seen by HB through its trace capability, and if so how/what to watch for?
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

I vaguely remember this from a while back. Are you using ain "Input" Device"? I don't remember?

The best way to trace this is to:
  1. From the HouseBot main menu, select 'Settings/Tracing...'.
  2. Press the 'Advanced' button.
  3. Select the name of the Ocelot interface in the list (it will be prefixed with an asterisk).
  4. Select the 'File' checkbox and enter a file name in the edit field below (file name only).
  5. Press OK to dismiss all dialogs.
  6. Try and use the interface again. This should generate data in the log file.
  7. Turn the tracing off by returning to the 'Advanced' tracing dialog and removing the check by the 'File' option.
  8. Send the trace file to me at '[email protected]'. The file can be found in the HouseBot\Logs directory.
You should see some trace info in the data mentioning Realtime Data = .... What we should see in the data stream is the Ocelot sending HB a 0xff, which is an unsolicited notification from the Ocelot telling us that there is 'real-time data' ready. The HB Ocelot plugin then queries for the data and sets the Properties of any Input Devices that care.

Scott