Launching a client-side executable from a open panel action

General HouseBot discussion. Any issues that don't fit into any of the other topics belong here.
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Launching a client-side executable from a open panel action

Post by Steve Horn »

So I'm thinking "why can't opening a CDJ panel on the SWremote just launch CDJ instead of me having to click a button control to launch a client executable." Well, there may be a way to do it (I tried creating a CDJ task then running the task on panel entry (via Enter List).) But I may be missing something. I have a 'CDJ' device built, but fooling with the Path-and-file and Execute properties did not work. I'd like to think this is a 2.x enhancement, but I strongly suspect you're going to tell me how easy it is.
Steve
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Steve,

I'm not entirely sure of your setup (WinCE or Win9x SWRemotes running on the same or different machines??). But assuming that you are trying to start CDJ on the HouseBot machine (maybe its also where the SWRemote is running... maybe not), you could:
  • 1) Create an "Execute Program" Device and enter the path and file name to the CDJ application.
    2) For the "Enter List" on the CDJ Theme Panel, add a Property Change item that will change the "Execute Program" Property created in the previous step to "Yes".
Scott
Steve Horn
HouseBot Guru

Post by Steve Horn »

Thanks; I didnt know about the 'Execute Program' device. That should do it though. (The CDJ executable is on the SWRemote pen tablet, with the back-end on the HBServer.)
Steve