X10 Dim and bright

Having problems? Maybe others have had the same problem too. Post HouseBot technical issues here.
martijnj

X10 Dim and bright

Post by martijnj »

I can't get my lamp module to DIM :?: I have used the presets in Housebot, and tryed others but they just don't work. Please tell me what is the right way to bright and dim a lamp module.

It a standard dutch lamp module from marmitek (220V,50Hz)

Martijn
ScottBot
Site Admin

Post by ScottBot »

Martijn,

I'm not familiar with Dutch lamp modules, but if they're like most of the US modules, they probably don't support Preset Dim or Leviton Dim features. These two features are nice, as they provide the ability to specify an absolute dim level.

Standard X10 Dimming should work for lamp modules. However, this type of dimming must be done using the HouseBot X10 Controller module.

Once you've created an X10 Controller Device in HouseBot, you will need to set the Composite Property of that Device to something like P;1;Bright;5 (this is just an example) to control dimming. Refer to the online help for the format specifics on sending Dim commands.

Scott
ChrisR

Dimming

Post by ChrisR »

Martijn,

Could you tell us exactly the model/type of dimming module you are using. Some of the European modules support extended dimming.

Rgds

Chris